My Sponsors

  • Sponsors-Emily Castillo-Vivid Hair Studio,
  • Grace Praisewater
  • Robert and Peggy Winegardner,
  • Randey and Linda Clark,
  • Earl and Marilyn Clark

Monday, November 14, 2011

Thank you Veteran's!

Every year as I plan the Veteran's Day assembly at school, I am reminded of the tremendous sacrifice our men and women in uniform make for us on a daily basis.  This year I was lucky enough to have a friend and Washington State Women Veterans Advisory Committee Member, Jurene Mason, speak to our school about the importance of Veteran's Day.  She gave a wonderful speech about service, teamwork, and what a veteran "looks" like.

This year, our school built a "Wall of Remembrance and Thanks".  Each brick had the name of a friend or family member of staff and students from our school who is a veteran.  What I thought might be a small 5x5 foot wall, ended up taking up the whole wall!  It was so touching to see kids and parents alike stop and look at all the names.  I'm glad we were able to honor our veteran's in that way.

Thank you again to those who have given of themselves so that we can enjoy the freedoms we have!

My favorite veteran-my dad, me, and Jurene


No comments:

Post a Comment